Be A Champion for Primary Care: Ten Things You Can Do
- Join the campaign by signing up for regular updates
- Follow the campaign on Twitter and Like us on Facebook. Retweet and Share campaign communications. Promote the campaign on social media: @healthisprimary, #MakeHealthPrimary, #patientsareavirtue
- Download our 2017 desktop calendar for weekly and monthly reminders about how you can be a champion for primary care.
- Wear your favorite campaign ad and spread the word about the value of primary care.
- Put your logo on campaign ads/posters. Display them in your offices and distribute them to your members and local employers.
- Identify local success stories and share them with the campaign.
- Contact newspapers, TV and radio stations in your community and request that they run Health is Primary public service announcements (PSAs). Find the link to various PSA formats here
- Host a panel discussion for your members and media, employers and payers in your community and feature local stories of innovation in primary care. Show how comprehensive primary care is delivering on the triple aim (better care, better health, lower costs) and toring the joy in practice.
- Incorporate the campaign video and infographics in your presentations with members, community leaders and media to help demonstrate the value of primary care and family medicine.
- Sign up to be part of coordinated Health is Primary activities during Primary Care Week. Email us at champions@FMAHealth.org to be notified about plans and tools to #MakeHealthPrimary during the Primary Care Week in October.
June Focus: Men’s Health
Let your members know about the tear sheet on women’s health for distribution in their practices. (English and Spanish)
Print out the Monthly Toolkit for June and spread the word about primary care throughout the month.