Be A Champion for Primary Care: Ten Things You Can Do
- Learn about the benefits of primary care and how it can improve health in America. Go to www.healthisprimary.org and read about the campaign and the benefits of primary care.
- Join the campaign by signing up for regular updates
- Follow the campaign on Twitter and Like us on Facebook. Retweet and Share campaign communications. Promote the campaign on social media: @healthisprimary, #MakeHealthPrimary, #PatientsAreAVirtue
- Download our 2017 desktop calendar to see how you can be a champion for primary care.
- Wear your campaign colors and spread the word about the value of primary care.
- Take charge of your health. If you don’t have a primary care doctor, find one in your community and talk to them about what you can do to stay healthy.
- Download Health is Primary patient information sheets and share them with family and friends.
- Share your story about primary care with the campaign.
- Ask your employer to print campaign posters and hang them in employee common areas (lunchroom, break areas).
- Sign up to be part of coordinated Health is Primary activities during Primary Care Week. Email us at champions@FMAHealth.org to be notified about plans and tools to #MakeHealthPrimary during the Primary Care Week in October.
May Focus: Women’s Health
Download the tear sheet about women’s health and talk to your doctor about any concerns you have. (English and Spanish)
Print out the Monthly Toolkit for May and spread the word about primary care throughout the month.
June Focus: Men’s Health
Download the tear sheet about men’s health and talk to your doctor about any concerns you have. (English and Spanish)
Print out the Monthly Toolkit for June and spread the word about primary care throughout the month.