Be A Champion for Primary Care: Ten Things You Can Do
- Learn about how primary care is delivering better care, better health and lower costs. Read the stories of innovation in primary care.
- Join the campaign by signing up for regular updates
- Follow the campaign on Twitter and Like us on Facebook. Retweet and Share campaign communications. Promote the campaign on social media: @healthisprimary, #MakeHealthPrimary
- Download our 2017 desktop calendar for weekly and monthly reminders about how you can be a champion for primary care.
- Help your employees and beneficiaries take charge of their health. Share the campaign’s patient resources and partner with primary care practices in your community to host “brown bag” lunches on important health topics. For more information about campaign resources for employers and payers, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Share your stories about how primary care is delivering for your employees and beneficiaries with the campaign.
- Print campaign posters and hang them in employee common areas (lunchroom, break areas).
- Use the campaign video and infographics on your website.
- Host an event/webinar for employees or beneficiaries about things they can do to prevent illness. Invite health care providers from local primary care practices to participate.
- Sign up to be part of coordinated Health is Primary activities during Primary Care Week. Email us at champions@FMAHealth.org to be notified about plans and tools to #MakeHealthPrimary during the Primary Care Week in October.
May Focus: Women’s Health
Download the tear sheet on women’s health and share it in your clinic. (English and Spanish)
Print out the Monthly Toolkit for May and spread the word about primary care throughout the month.
June Focus: Men’s Health
Download the tear sheet on men’s health and share it in your clinic. (English and Spanish)
Print out the Monthly Toolkit for June and spread the word about primary care throughout the month.